This Stream This Stream Chargers name Mike McCoy as their new head coach Mut 23 coins. John Pagano retained as Chargers Director of Communications Jay Gruden to meet the Chargers Chargers Tom Telesco says no advantage to Bruce Arians View all 15 stories by Madden NFL 23 news roundup: Josh Brent retired, HBO's "Hard Knocks'' contract is extended

Josh Brent has retired from the Madden NFL 23 to concentrate on his non-field concerns, the Dallas Cowboys defensive lineman announced on Thursday. Brent has had numerous encounters with the law and is currently being tried on charges of manslaughter intoxication after allegedly causing the death of other Cowboys player Jerry Brown.

"This is the best choice for me, and something which I've given lot of thought to," Brent said. "I'm at a point where my main goal is getting my priorities in order. Priorities that are more important are more important than soccer."

KD Drummond from Blogging the Boys believes that this was the best choice for Brent since it's likely to assist in clearing his head. The move could also alleviate a couple of other problems which surfaced when Brent played on as he dealt with issues that were off-field, according Drummond.

The Cowboys will no longer have the pressure of providing assistance to a player who even with being in jail, could not prevent his from breaking the laws again, regardless of how minor one may view smoking marijuana.

Brent's actions could be seen as him stepping the situation he finds himself in and realizing the gravity of the situation he's confronted with. Should the legal situation turn around in the favor of Brent it is his responsibility to not retire. His rights would still be belonging to the Dallas Cowboys and the league may then reassess the possibility of a suspension cheap madden 23 coins.